WaterFiltersHQ is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Sensitive Personal Information
You should never send sensitive personal information to WaterFiltersHQ and we will not ask for it.
Publicly Visible Information
If you leave a comment on WaterFiltersHQ, certain information may be publicly visible.
Links to other Sites
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject - a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child - a natural person under 16 years of age.
We/us (either capitalized or not) – WaterFiltersHQ
Data Protection Principles
We promise to follow the following data protection principles:
- Processing is fair, transparent. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the purpose. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Processing is done with minimal data. We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of data.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject's rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – in the event that we refuse your request under the Rights of Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled please contact us.
- Right for the help of supervisory authority – meaning you have the right for the help of a supervisory authority and the right for other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
Data we gather
- Information you have provided us with
This might be your e-mail address, name etc – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a service or to enhance your customer experience with us. We save the information you provide us with in order for you to comment or perform other activities on the website. This information includes, for example, your name and e-mail address.
- Information automatically collected about you
When you visit our Website, Stablehost, 1530 E. Williams Field Road, Suite #201-20,Gilbert, AZ 85295, USA, gathers and provides us with certain information and stores it in log files. This information may include but is not limited to Internet Protocol addresses, access date/time, device configuration information, URLs of referring pages, and locale and language preferences.
Publicly available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How we use your Personal Data
We use your Personal Data in order to:
- provide our service to you. This includes for example registering your account; providing you with other products and services that you have requested; providing you with promotional items at your request and communicating with you in relation to those products and services; communicating and interacting with you; and notifying you of changes to any services.
- enhance your customer experience;
- fulfil an obligation under law or contract;
We use your Personal Data on legitimate grounds and/or with your Consent.
With your consent we Process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- to send you newsletters and campaign offers (from us and/or our carefully selected partners);
- for other purposes we have asked your consent for;
We Process your Personal Data in order to fulfill obligation rising from law and/or use your Personal Data for options provided by law. We reserve the right to anonymize Personal Data gathered and to use any such data. We will use data outside the scope of this Policy only when it is anonymized. We save your information gathered about you for as long as needed for obligations deriving from law, but not longer than 1 year.
We might process your Personal Data for additional purposes that are not mentioned here, but are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this, we will ensure that:
- the link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for further Processing;
- the further Processing would not harm your interests and
- there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
We will inform you of any further Processing and purposes.
Who else can access your Personal Data
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We share your data with:
Connected third parties:
- Content-Delivery-Network by Cloudflare - We use a so-called „Content Delivery Network“ (CDN), provided by Cloudflare, Inc., 101 Townsend St, San Francisco, CA 94107, USA, to embed fonts. Cloudflare is certified under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. (https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt0000000GnZKAA0&status=Active).
- YouTube - On our Website we may embed videos using a service by YouTube LLC., 901 Cherry Ave., 94066 San Bruno, CA, USA. We do this using the so called "Privacy Enhanced Mode" provided by Youtube.
How does it work? "Privacy Enhanced Mode allows you to embed YouTube videos without using cookies to track viewing behavior. This means viewing activity isn’t collected to personalize the viewing experience. Instead, video recommendations are contextual and related to the currently played video. Videos playing in a Privacy Enhanced Mode embedded player won’t influence the viewer's browsing experience on YouTube.(The Privacy Enhanced Mode only relates to tracking of viewer behavior, not ads-serving behavior. To disable tracking for advertising purposes, you can add yourself to the Tag for Child-Directed Treatment page.)" taken from https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/171780?visit_id=0-636629087591307638-564370758&rd=1:
Youtube is https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI&status=Active
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymising and pseudonymising where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best we can not guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secret.
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. We do not target children with our services.
Cookies and other technologies we use
A cookie is a tiny text file stored on your computer. Cookies store information that is used to help make sites work. Only we can access the cookies created by our website. You can control your cookies at the browser level. Choosing to disable cookies may hinder your use of certain functions.
- Necessary cookies – these cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in. These cookies don't collect any personal information.
- Functionality cookies – these cookies provide functionality that makes using our service more convenient and makes providing more personalized features possible. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail in comment forms so you don't have to re-enter this information next time when commenting.
- Advertising cookies - these cookies are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organization.
You can remove cookies stored in your computer via your browser settings. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Google is certified under the Privacy Shield Agreement, which provides a guarantee to comply with European data protection law (https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI&status=Active).
The data collected by Google Analytics will automatically be destroyed after 14 months.
Google will use this information on our behalf to evaluate the use of our Website by users, to compile reports on the activities within this Website and to provide us with further services related to the use of this Website and the Internet. This data may be used to create pseudonymous usage profiles of users.
We use Google Analytics with activated IP anonymization. This means that your IP address will be shortened by Google within member states of the European Union or in other contracting states of the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the US and shortened there.
The IP address submitted by your browser will not be merged with other data provided by Google. You can prevent the storage of cookies by setting your browser software accordingly; alternatively you may prevent the collection of the data collected related to your use of the Website by this cookie and the processing of such data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link:
Alternatively to the browser add-on or within browsers on mobile devices, please click this link to prevent the future detection by Google Analytics within this website:
Disallow Google Analytics to track me
An opt-out cookie is stored on your device. If you delete your cookies, you must click this link again.
WaterFiltersHQ may engage in affiliate marketing, by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions. This will NOT result in any additional charges for the User.
Amazon - WaterFiltersHQ is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. As part of these Amazon Associates programs, the Website will post customized links to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
Website Location, International Transfer and Processing
This site is hosted in the United States, and Personal Information will be primarily stored in the United State. By providing Personal Data to us, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you acknowledge that we collect, maintain, process and transfer such information in and to the United States and other countries and territories, pursuant to the laws of the United States or such other jurisdictions, which may provide lesser privacy protections than European Economic Area countries , and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, you acknowledge, that your information may thus be subject to U.S. Federal and California State law and other foreign laws and accessible to U.S. and foreign governments, courts, law enforcement,and regulatory agencies. Because WaterFiltersHQ is hosted in the United States, these data transfers to the United States are necessary to operate our website. When applicable, we will obtain your consent for these data transfers to the United States.
Phone: +49 228 997799 0
Last modification was made 06/5/2018.